Marcel Breuer (Hungarian, 1902-1981)
B10 table for Thonet.
A modernist table composed of an eight section chrome plated frame supporting a wooden table top.
The B10 table was designed by Marcel Breuer in 1927 for his own company Standard Möbel, and since 1930 the design has been manufactured by Thonet under the same designation. This is an early production circa 1930s (although the top has been restored at some point) The colour is a very pale blue/green. There is no Thonet company badge/label.
67 x 74 x 74 cm
please click on the Merzbau logo (top left) to see all of our current listings.
Bram van den Berg (Nl)
Stained pine wood chair.
A rare chair made after a commission from Bas van Pelt / The Hague. Circa 1953 for the youth hostel at Ockenberg-Kijckduin in The Netherlands.
This chair’s rudimentary but simple form and functional design typifies the spirit of the utilitarian design movement that surrounded the WWII period in Europe.
Alvar Aalto (Finland 1898-1976)
Rare x3 Model 60 stacking stools. 1930s. Finmar production.
Finmar labels to the underside on two of the stools (the other shows evidence of where the label once was).
Each has a great colour and patina. The Finmar labels are recognised evidence of them being early edition genuine 1930s stools.
(Please see our other posts for more Aalto finmar furniture)
Please click on the Merzbau logo (top left) to see all of our current listings.
Dutch modernist cabinet/bureau 1930s.
Unknown designer/maker, this cabinet came from the town of Laren in the Netherlands – Coincidently a district where modernist designers like Bart van der Leck and JJP Oud were living at the time when this was made.
Willem Gispen (Dutch 1890-1981)
A very rare model 5012 desk lamp in brass. Manufactured between 1931-38 – This is the later edition of the lady version that included a unique connection to the base.
Dom Hans van der Laan [Netherlands 1904-1991]
An early example of the furniture designed by the Benedictine monk/architect Dom Hans van der Laan. This oak bench (settle) came out of the Sint Stanislas Chapel, built in 1955/56 in the city of Delft in the Netherlands (building by Jan vd Laan, brother of Hans). It would have mostly likely been removed at the time when the chapel was refurbished in the 1980s-90s.