Italian coffee table. 1970s.
Three sculpted sections of travertine stone with smoked glass top.
Dom Hans van der Laan [Netherlands 1904-1991]
An early example of the furniture designed by the Benedictine monk/architect Dom Hans van der Laan. This oak pew/bench (settle) is believed to have come out of the Sint Stanislas Chapel, built in 1955/56 in the city of Delft in the Netherlands (building by Jan vd Laan, brother of Hans). It would have mostly likely been removed at the time when the chapel was refurbished in the 1980s-90s.
Cor Alons (Netherlands, 1892-1967)
Plywood and vinyl / Den Boer Gouda, 1950s.
71cm High; 36cm Wide (seat height 43cm)
Pair of rare side chairs – Their slightly ‘petit’ size means they can be used as side chairs, children’s chairs or vanity table chairs. Manufactured in the 1950s.
Price: 795 euro.
Bram van den Berg (Nl)
Stained pine wood chair.
A rare chair made after a commission from Bas van Pelt / The Hague. Circa 1953 for the youth hostel at Ockenberg-Kijckduin in The Netherlands.
This chair’s rudimentary but simple form and functional design typifies the spirit of the utilitarian design movement that surrounded the WWII period in Europe.